Integration with Cisco SNTC to provide Continuous Visibility, Risk Mitigation and Usage Optimization
June 11th, 2018
In our previous blog, CloudFabrix announced integrations with multiple Cisco products to provide outcome driven analytics for Cisco customers and partners. In this blog, we will take a closer look at our SNTC integration and some of its key highlights/benefits.
Cisco SmartNet Total Care (SNTC), TAC and RMA APIs Integration: Cisco SNTC service provides critical support information that applies to Cisco network infrastructure, including PSIRT alerts, contract status, device detail, and End of Life (EoL) and End of Support (EoS) notices.
Many Cisco customers and partners are onboarded onto Cisco SNTC portal to get a view of their assets, contract information, device inventory and few other aspects about their Cisco assets. At a basic level this information is very useful and CloudFabrix takes it up a notch by uniting key operational and asset lifecycle data from SNTC and underlying monitoring tools to provide broader and holistic analytics to Cisco customers.
With these integrations, CloudFabrix provides the following value to Cisco customers:
- Overall health of infrastructure, including serviceability
- Continuous Risk and efficiency scores
- Visibility into aspects of strategic planning and budgeting
- Enabling technology transformation and capex to opex transformation
- Enabling effective IT Ops: Preventive, Events based and Reliability based
In addition, this integration enriches customer’s Cisco TAC support call experience by making available original device identities (SN# etc.) in addition to RMA device identity. Glean insights into asset lifecycle, serviceability and risk/compliance with EoL/EoS information, Support contracts. Offers MTTR and summary analytics of support cases with Cisco TAC integration.
CloudFabrix unifies following multiple data points from SNTC service to provide holistic and automatable analytics around Cisco infrastructure that customer owns. Following are few key data points that we ingest from SNTC into CloudFabrix platform:
- Hardware: Network devices, Modules, Line cards, PSU, Fans, Chassis etc.
- Software: Management software, IOS/NXOS, WebEx, Spark etc.
- Devices: contracted devices, expiring contracts etc.
- Security: Security advisories, PSIRT notices
- Field: Field advisories, field notices
- Product: Product SKUs, Bundles, Accessories, Parts
- Price List: Global price list
- Hardware: Hardware End of Life
- Software: Software End of Life
Combining all of the above information CloudFabrix enables Cisco customers and partners to optimize IT spend by providing continuous visibility and actionable intelligence into hardware and software assets, lifecycle planning, usage, license, contract status and spend. Also, enables faster adoption of new hardware and software consumption models.